We live in a nutrient-depleted world and despite our best efforts, it can be difficult to achieve optimal levels of vitamins and minerals to support our body’s needs. Many chronic health conditions can arise from prolonged periods of nutrient deficiencies, some being completely preventable.
Intravenous (IV) nutrition therapy has found numerous applications in the healthcare sector and in functional and integrative medicine. It consists of a fast and optimized nutrient delivery method that can be given as a single dose, bypassing the digestive system and directly into the bloodstream. This treatment has been hugely beneficial in supporting our health and wellbeing by ensuring our bodies are receiving the nutrients it needs to thrive.
Preliminary studies show that IV Vitamin Therapy can be beneficial as an adjunct treatment for some types of cancer and could even enhance some types of primary cancer treatment while supporting your immune system.
An intravenous infusion of the highest-grade vitamins, prescribed by our doctors and delivered directly into your bloodstream can also potentially reduce the symptoms of cold and flu or other viral infections (like shingles or glandular fever).
There are many therapeutic benefits of administering essential nutrients intravenously. Some include:
- Correction of nutrient deficiencies
- Increased energy/ reduced fatigue
- Supported immune system
- Detoxification and anti-inflammatory benefits
- Improved sleep
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Supporting chronic illnesses
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The IV method bypasses the digestive system into your circulation allowing maximum nutrient delivery and promoting maximal absorption. Orally administered vitamins can be poorly absorbed and in high doses may cause multiple side effects.
WHAT CAN MEDICAL IV VITAMIN THERAPY HELP WITH
- May correct deficiencies and malnutrition due to severe illness, post-surgery, or chronic stress.
- May assist in reducing symptoms and severity of colds, flu, and other viruses such as shingles, glandular fever, and others. It may also reduce chronic symptoms related to post viral infections.
- It has the potential to support the immune system
- Early studies indicate that IV nutrient therapy may be beneficial for some forms of cancer and may enhance primary cancer treatments.
- Anti-inflammatory benefits
HOW TO BOOK
Please call our Windsor practice (03) 9510 8866 or email [email protected] and make an initial appointment with one of our highly trained doctors to discuss your health and the suitability of IV Intravenous therapy. If you have had recent blood tests done (no older than 6 months) and these include kidney and liver function tests, please bring these along with you. If you do not have recent blood tests, our doctors will give you a referral in the initial consultation. Our doctors and nurses will then review your pathology and create a personalised IV medical program to start at your next visit.